QUESTIONS AND ANSWERS
Frequently Asked Questions
1. How often should I clean my chimney?
2. How can I tell if my chimney needs to be cleaned?
- A Chimney should be inspected every year and cleaned every cord of wood.
3. Do I need my chimney looked at by a professional even though the home inspector looked at it?
- Smoke backing up into the house or when you open the damper and black like flour falls.
4. What is the number one cause of a chimney fire?
- Yes;Not all home inspectors know the condition or integrity of the chimney as a professional chimney sweep would.
5. What is the best type of wood to use?
- Soot build up and people using paper. Using a gas tray is recommended.
- Oak in general is the best type to use.
- Ash, Hickery, and Pecan is second best to use.
- PINE, Gum Tree, and Cedar is soft but produces more creosote.
- NO CHRISTMAS TREES! Soft wood is highly flamable.
C C Chimney Sweep & Duct Cleaning